A woman who found her bacon overcooked and had it shipped to her home has told how she felt unsafe and “scared” by the store, and was left with a large bill.
The woman, who did not want to be named, said she contacted Walmart about the incident on September 10th, when the food company was still processing orders.
“I didn’t want to give up, so I called my local Walmart,” she said.
“They sent me a letter saying it was their responsibility and that it was something they needed to address.”
It wasn’t until I opened it up that I realised it was not my bacon that had been overcooked.
It was my husband’s.
They didn’t even realise that I had ordered the same bacon.
“They said it was because they were busy processing orders and they needed more time.
I was scared, but they said they would send a replacement.”
She said she was shocked to discover that it would cost her more to send her husband a replacement.
The bill was a total of $9,842.20, the woman said.
The man said he would be taking the matter to court.
“The problem is that they didn’t actually know what I ordered and had no clue how much they had spent on the food.
I am furious and angry that it is happening,” he said.
He said the woman, whose name he did not wish to be identified, was not the only customer to have experienced the incident.
“It is not something you would expect to happen,” he added.
Walmart confirmed the incident but said it had been investigated and the supplier was now working with the customer to resolve the issue.
“We are investigating the incident and have taken swift action to ensure the safety of our customers,” a spokesperson said.
She said Walmart had “a zero-tolerance policy for food safety issues” and that “every order is inspected at the time of placing and we take every safety step to prevent this happening in the future”.
“The safety of all our customers is our top priority, and Walmart has a zero-Tolerance policy on food safety,” she added.
“Our customers deserve the best service from us.” “
Walmart has since apologised to the woman for the issue, which was not identified by the retailer, and said the incident would not be repeated. “
Our customers deserve the best service from us.”
Walmart has since apologised to the woman for the issue, which was not identified by the retailer, and said the incident would not be repeated.
A spokesperson for Walmart told ABC News that “the customer’s complaint was referred to the food safety team for review” and “we are investigating”.
Walmart said it would “take appropriate action to remedy any potential issues that might have occurred”.
A Walmart spokesperson told ABC Radio New Zealand that they “are in touch with the supplier and are working closely with them to address any concerns”.
Walmart spokeswoman Danielle Breen said: “We want our customers to have a safe shopping experience and we have worked hard to make sure this has never happened again.”
We are in touch directly with the consumer to make them aware of any potential concerns.
“The spokesperson said there was a “zero-tolerant” policy and that the company “does everything possible to ensure our food safety procedures are followed.
“Earlier this month, the New Zealand Civil and Administrative Tribunal (CAT) ruled that Walmart had breached the Food Standards Act, and ordered the company to pay the woman’s $932.20.
She also filed a complaint with the Civil and Human Rights Commission (CHRC), which also upheld Walmart’s decision to send the food back.
A spokesman for the CHRC said it could not comment on individual cases. ABC/wires”
There are no plans to make any changes to our food and delivery service in relation to this matter.”
A spokesman for the CHRC said it could not comment on individual cases. ABC/wires